Bread made with vegetables is the newest trend today, but food and nutrition expert Rose Reisman says tend to be higher in calories, with no significant added fibre.
- New study says one in three adult Canadians suffered some form of child abuse in their past
- Report finds two-thirds of Ontarians are unaware of the risk and the connection between alcohol and cancer
- Women’s College Hospital has launched a first of its kinds mobile-enabled website for women
- Many patients who have undergone gastric bypass surgery say several senses have changed
- Just how much pomegranate is in your your pomegranate juice?
- Upcoming report says the successful of housing-first programs in Canada could have a limited impact on homeless young people
- U.S. government-funded study finds bio fuels made from corn are worse than gasoline when it comes to their impact on climate change
Food and nutrition expert Rose Reisman offers tips on healthier food options when dining at a pub.
- Study by Toronto Public Health shows that air pollution results in around 1,300 premature deaths each year in the city
- Research shows there is such a thing as genetic predisposition to laziness
- British study finds four in 10 teens suffered neck or back pain from spending too much time in front on the TV or computer
The city’s medical health officer says a bylaw would encourage pools to fix their infractions.
As you visit friends and family this Easter, you may consider bringing them a potted plant or a bouquet of blooms. However, CityNews gardening specialist Frankie Flowers warns against Easter lilies if the person has a cat.
- Have you had a conversation with your family about how you want your end-of-life care to be handled?
- Ontario students heading to school this fall will have to show they have all their required vaccinations
- Two new public service announcements from Testicular Cancer Canada aim to raise awareness about the disease
So far Health Canada has not done any studies about the products’ safety and efficacy.
The province is urging parents to make sure their children’s records are up to date.