Below is a list of road closures in Toronto for events and construction from Aug. 28 to Sept. 1, as well as ongoing closures due to road work.
Labour Day Parade
The Labour Day Parade on Monday will travel along Queen Street West from University Avenue to Dufferin Street, and south on Dufferin Street to the Canadian National Exhibition. The road closures will occur from 7 a.m. and 2 p.m.
Closures from 7:30 to 9:30 a.m.:
- University Avenue from Dundas Street West to Richmond Street West
- Queen Street West north curb lane from Bay Street to University Avenue
- Centre Street from Chestnut Street to University Avenue
- York Street from Richmond Street West to Queen Street West
Closures from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.:
- Liberty Street from Dufferin Street to Jefferson Avenue
- Mowat Avenue from King Street West to dead end
- Fraser Avenue from King Street West to Liberty Street
- Pardee Avenue from Liberty Street to the end of the street
Other road closures
Bridge repair on York Mills Road
One eastbound lane and one westbound lane on York Mills Road, from Lesmill to Scarsdale roads, will be closed for bridge repair.
The work started on Aug. 11 and will continue for around 11 weeks.
Watermain projects on Richmond Street
Richmond Street will be reduced to two lanes between Church and York streets. The work started on Aug. 11 and will run through to October.
Utility cut repairs on Yonge Street
One lane on Yonge Street from The Esplanade to Bloor Street will be closed in each direction during non-rush hours. The work began on Aug. 13 and will run until mid-September.
Drivers can stay up-to-date on construction details and updates by visiting the City of Toronto website.
Upcoming construction can also be viewed on the T.O. INview map.