Many countries begin offering take-home COVID-19 tests
May 12, 2021, 06:03 AM
- PLUS: A new kind of combo test rolling out in the U.S. can determine if someone has COVID-19, the flu, or other respiratory viruses
WHO declares COVID variant, first identified in India, as worldwide variant of concern
May 11, 2021, 05:55 AM
- PLUS: The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has followed in Health Canada's footsteps, and approved the use of the Pfizer vaccine for young adolescents
Delays for breast cancer screenings continue amid COVID disruptions
May 10, 2021, 06:45 AM
- PLUS: New surveys reveal, registered nurses are struggling with stress as the third wave rages on
Doctors advise COVID-19 patients not to wait to seek medical treatment
May 06, 2021, 06:58 AM
- PLUS: Even though Canada will struggle to hit the threshold for herd immunity, experts say a return to pre-pandemic life is possible through vaccinations
Reaching herd immunity in Canada may not be a realistic goal, according to some experts
May 05, 2021, 06:05 AM
- PLUS: One of the founders of BioNTech says there's no evidence the vaccine his company created with Pzifer, wouldn't work against any of the COVID-19 variants
70th annual Mental Health Week begins in Canada
May 03, 2021, 05:54 AM
- PLUS: The COVID-19 crisis in India marked some sombre milestones over the weekend
Cancer patients call for exemption from two-shot COVID-19 vaccine dose delays
Apr 30, 2021, 06:21 AM
- PLUS: A major milestone in the U.S., where more than 100-million people are expected to be fully vaccinated as of today
One COVID-19 vaccine dose can cut transmission by up to half - study
Apr 28, 2021, 06:47 AM
- Quebec health officials are pressing on with their vaccination program, stressing the benefits over the risks of the AstraZeneca shot
Another day of 300,000+ new COVID-19 cases in India
Apr 27, 2021, 06:18 AM
- PLUS: COVID-19 vaccination efforts continue to ramp up around the world
Cases of COVID-19 among the oldest Canadians appear to be dropping off at a faster rate, than in younger adults who are less likely to have had the shot
PLUS: Doctors in Ontario are reportedly taking part in virtual training sessions on the province's COVID-19 emergency triage protocol as hospitals brace for a worst-case scenario.
Apr 26, 2021, 07:21 AM
While vaccination efforts continue - experts are warning now is not the time to let our guards down.
PLUS: A C-D-C advisory panel will meet today to discuss Johnson & Johnson's COVID-19 vaccine.
Apr 23, 2021, 07:18 AM
Calls grow to prioritize expectant mothers in the COVID-19 vaccine rollout
Apr 22, 2021, 05:56 AM
- PLUS: A new study out of New York finds the risk of fully vaccinated people getting COVID-19 remains extremely low
Evidence from the US Centres for Disease Control show the risk of surface transmission of COVID-19 is low
PLUS: Doctors in the States says there needs to be clear guidelines on how to best treat patients who develop a rare type of blood clot, associated with the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine.
Apr 20, 2021, 06:05 AM
Some children are really struggling as this pandemic continues - with demand for mental health services for youth in this province rising dramatically.
PLUS: In India, a double mutation of virus has taken hold, likely leading to surging new cases there.
Apr 19, 2021, 06:11 AM
Johnson & Johnson vaccinations remain paused in the U.S.
Apr 15, 2021, 06:20 AM