Starbucks steps in to help U.S. COVID-19 vaccine rollout
Yesterday at 05:57 AM
New COVID-19 strain popping up more frequently across California
Jan 18, 2021, 06:50 AM
- PLUS: More contagious strains of the coronavirus have now spread to more than 50 countries around the world, including the variants first identified in the UK, South Africa and Brazil.
U.S. congressman tests positive for COVID-19 after receiving double-dose vaccine
Jan 15, 2021, 05:52 AM
- PLUS: A new study finds people who have been infected with COVID-19 are likely to be protected against catching it again for at least five months
Second COVID-19 doses can be delayed to speed up first dose rollout - panel
Jan 14, 2021, 05:57 AM
- PLUS: Canada's pharmacists say they're ready to help speed up the country's vaccine rollout - but they're not sure yet what role they'll be playing in the effort to get shots into arms
COVID-19 test now required before flying to U.S. - CDC
Jan 13, 2021, 05:52 AM
- PLUS: A large-scale trial of a new COVID-19 treatment is underway in the U.K.
COVID-19 vaccine should provide protection for at least a year - Moderna
Jan 12, 2021, 06:09 AM
- PLUS: Countries including in the U.K. and South Africa continue to battle highly transmissible COVID-19 variants
Pfizer vaccine can protest against new COVID mutation, according to early research
Jan 08, 2021, 06:43 AM
- PLUS: A new study finds, more than half of COVID-19 cases may be transmitted by people not showing symptoms
Canada ponders accelerating first doses of COVID-19 vaccine, delaying second doses
Jan 06, 2021, 06:44 AM
- PLUS: Does getting the COVID-19 vaccine mean you can stop wearing masks, and socialize freely with family and friends?
UK scientists expressing concern over new COVID-19 variant that emerged in South Africa
Jan 05, 2021, 06:21 AM
- PLUS: England is now under the most stringent level of restrictions since the start of the pandemic, as it deals with the surging case numbers likely fuelled by the variant of the virus identified there
82-year-old dialysis patient given first Oxford-AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine dose in the U.K.
Jan 04, 2021, 05:51 AM
- PLUS: The Public Health Agency of Canada says people should get the same COVID-19 vaccine for both doses, whenever possible
Vaccinations continue across Canada as Pfizer admits vials of the shot could yield more doses than expected
PLUS, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's vaccine advisory committee has recommended the emergency authorization for Moderna's shot.
Dec 18, 2020, 06:49 AM
Moderna's COVID-19 vaccine inching closer to approval in the U.S.
Dec 17, 2020, 06:07 AM
- PLUS: Pharmacists in the U.S. have reportedly found a way to squeeze extra doses out of vials of Pfizer's vaccine
British scientists look into possible "key mutations" of COVID-19
Dec 16, 2020, 06:05 AM
- PLUS: In the U.S., a Food and Drug Administration advisory board will discuss Moderna's COVID-19 vaccine tomorrow, after clinical trial results confirmed it's safe and effective
Health Experts: Pandemic Increasing Eating Disorders in Canada
A Calgary pediatrician who works with teens who suffer from medical complications associated with eating disorders tells the CBC, she’s seen a 155% increase in cases during the period of March-September, compared to last year.
Dec 15, 2020, 07:02 AM
The first stage of administering the COVID-19 vaccine in this country will focus on protecting the vulnerable
There appears to be some disagreement on who should be the first in line for the second stage of the vaccine rollout.
The National Advisory Committee on Immunization has said, those who’ve risked their lives during the pandemic, including essential workers and first responders, should be next to receive the shot.
Dec 14, 2020, 08:23 AM