Starting Friday morning, Ontario residents 55 and older (born in 1966 or earlier) are eligible to book a vaccine at a mass vaccination clinic through the provincial booking system.
Residents will be able to book beginning at 8 a.m.
The province will actively work to lower the age eligibility for vaccines through the month of May with people 50 and older expected to be able to start booking next week.
Ontario will now be sending half of its vaccine supply for the first two weeks of May to 114 postal codes designated as hot spots.
The City of Toronto is on track to have vaccinated 40 per cent of their residents by this weekend, putting it slightly ahead of the Ford government’s plan to reach that number across the entire province.
Also starting Friday, a pilot project at select pharmacies in Toronto and Peel hot spots will begin administering Pfizer doses to those 55 and older.
There are eight participating locations in Toronto and eight locations in Peel that will have around 150 doses a week.
Those looking to book can do so through the individual pharmacies booking system.
Pfizer pharmacy locations:
- Brampton – Credit Ridge Remedy’s Rx (9525 Mississauga Road, Unit 7)
- Brampton – Drug Store Pharmacy (35 Worthington Avenue)
- Brampton – Gore Pharmacy IDA (4515 Ebenezer Road, Suite 110)
- Brampton – Rexall (227 Vodden Street East)
- Brampton – Rexall (499 Main Street South)
- Brampton – Shoppers Drug Mart (25 Peel Centre Drive, Unit 379)
- Brampton – Shoppers Drug Mart (25 Great Lakes Drive)
- Mississauga – Shoppers Drug Mart (7205 Goreway Drive)
- Toronto – Keele-Ingram Pharmacy (2221 Keele Street)
- Toronto – Loblaw Pharmacy (2549 Weston Road)
- Toronto – Shih Pharmacy (2700 Kipling Avenue, Unit 9)
- Toronto – Shoppers Drug Mart (565 Sherbourne Street, Unit 40)
- Toronto – Shoppers Drug Mart (2751 Eglinton Avenue East)
- Toronto – Shoppers Drug Mart (123 Rexdale Boulevard)
- Toronto – Shoppers Drug Mart (2550 Finch Avenue West)
- Toronto – Wal-Mart Pharmacy (1900 Eglinton Avenue East)
The pilot project is expected to expand to other locations later in May.