Toronto Public Health (TPH) has recommended the closure of 22 schools in the city due to COVID-19.
Toronto Catholic District School Board
- St. Gregory Catholic School
- James Culnan Catholic School
- Blessed Trinity Catholic School
- St. Brigid Catholic School
- St. Patrick Catholic School
- Neil McNeil Catholic School
- All Saints Catholic School
- Stella Maris Catholic School
- St. Anthony Catholic School
Toronto District School Board
- D.A. Morrison Middle School
- Ellesmere Statton Public School
- Lillian Public School
- Donwood Park Public School
- Danforth Collegiate and Technical Institute
- East York Collegiate Institute
- Charles E. Webster Public School
- Etienne Brule Junior School
- Grenoble Public School
- Riverdale Collegiate Institute
- Valley Park Middle School
French Catholic School Board
- ” École élémentaire catholique George-Étienne-Cartier
- ” Abu Bakr Education Academy
The Toronto Catholic District School Board announced it will be closing nine schools, effective Tuesday, due to COVID-19 investigations.
It says students attending St. Gregory, James Culnan, Blessed Trinity, St. Brigid, St. Patrick, Neil McNeil, All Saints, Stella Maris, and St. Anthony will be moving to online learning.
The Toronto District School Board is also closing 11 schools on the advice of TPH.
It says online, effective Tuesday April 6, health officials will be investigating cases of the virus.
There’s no word on how many suspected cases there are, or if they include the more contagious variants.
Students attending the closing schools will be moving to online learning.
TPH also recommended the closure of Abu Bakr Education Academy in Scarborough and École élémentaire catholique George-Étienne-Cartier in the east-end of Toronto.
This comes as schools close in Peel for two weeks because of increasing case counts and variants of concern in the region.
On the advice of @TOPublicHealth students and staff at the following schools are being dismissed effective tomorrow, Tuesday, April 6 to allow TPH additional time to investigate COVID cases.
All students will be moving to remote learning at this time. pic.twitter.com/CQrWUr57AW
— Toronto District School Board (@tdsb) April 5, 2021
Please be advised the following schools have also been dismissed as per TPH @TOPublicHealth recommendation. The school communities have been informed and further updates will be provided once available.
St. Anthony https://t.co/REh2foMADS
— Toronto Catholic District School Board (@TCDSB) April 6, 2021