York Region Public Health has confirmed that a traveller who used York Region Transit last week has tested positive for COVID-19.
The individual travelled on two YRT routes on Tuesday, September 15.
YRT is issuing a public notice for anyone who travelled on the following routes between approximately 3:30 and 4 p.m:
- route 90 travelling north from Don Mills in Toronto to 16th Ave in Richmond Hill
- route 16 travelling west along 16th Ave through Richmond Hill and Vaughan
If you travelled on the two identified buses during this time, York Region Public Health advises:
- Monitor yourself for new/worsening signs and symptoms related to COVID-19 until Tuesday, September 29, 2020 (14 days after last possible exposure)
- If you are currently experiencing symptoms, self-isolate immediately and seek assessment and testing at a COVID-19 Assessment Centre
- Anyone concerned they have been exposed to COVID-19 or experiencing at least one symptom of COVID-19 is encouraged to visit an Assessment Centre for testing
- Download the COVID-ALERT app; get a phone alert if you may have been exposed to COVID-19 and let others know if you test positive without sharing any personal, health or location information; visit covid-19.ontario.ca/covidalert for more app details and links to download to your Smartphone