Toronto’s Canadian International AutoShow is shifting gears and going virtual for 2021.
The event attracted 334-thousand people last year, but with restrictions to public gatherings in the province limited for the foreseeable future, Toronto’s Canadian International AutoShow has made the tough decision to cancel its in person event.
In a press release, the governmental restrictions on gatherings amid the COVID-19 pandemic is forcing organizers to embrace a digital future.
“With restrictions to public gatherings in Ontario limited for the foreseeable future, our annual automotive showcase that attracts more than 330,000 visitors on average each year simply couldn’t be considered at this time,” says AutoShow General Manager Jason Campbell.
David McClean, Director of Marketing at the AutoShow, is encouraging car manufacturers to join them in embracing the virtual experience.
“It will be the World’s first virtual AutoShow and run as a true event – one that excites and drives the new car consumer market in the critical spring buying season. As the automotive landscape changes, the Canadian International AutoShow changes with it, leading the way in terms of how the automotive world connects with consumers,” Mclean said.
Mclean said the event isn’t until February 2021, but there’s still a lot unknown about where we will be in February, and the best way for them to continue forward is to hold a virtual event on the same dates as they usually would, February 12 to 21st.
More information about the virtual AutoShow will be available in the coming weeks.
Plans are to have an in-person show in 2022.