Ontario confirms 92 new cases of COVID-19 today, including yesterday’s cases from Toronto Public Health which were unavailable Thursday due to a technical glitch.
In a tweet Minister of Health Christine Elliott said the number of patients on ventilators has declined to nine people, and ICU admissions have also dropped.
The number of vented patients has declined to single digits, with nine Ontarians on ventilators. ICU admissions have also declined. As always, today’s numbers will be available at 10:30 a.m. at https://t.co/ypmgZbVRvn
— Christine Elliott (@celliottability) August 14, 2020
One more person has died, bringing the death toll to 2,788.
The province now has 40,459 confirmed cases, with 90.9 per cent considered resolved.
RELATED: Everything you need to know about coronavirus
- Coronavirus: Full coverage
- What you need to know today
- Live coverage of coronavirus news from Toronto reporters
RELATED: Coronavirus FAQs
- What you need to know about the Quarantine Act
- Coronavirus quarantine: what happens when you return from travelling?