Barrie police are investigating after a child bit into Halloween candy that contained a sewing needle.
The child’s mother called police on Monday afternoon.
Luckily, the child wasn’t injured after biting into a chocolate bar containing the two-inch needle.
Police say the child was trick-or-treating in the Raymond Crescent and Serena Lane area and also on Danielle Crescent and Catherine Drive in Barrie.
“An examination of the packaging could not determine if the needle was inserted prior to packaging or afterwards. The chocolate bar has been seized by police and the investigation remains ongoing,” Barrie police said in a release.
Police say there are no known suspects at this time, but they are urging parents to check their kids’ candy carefully.
If you know anything, contact Barrie police.