Loading articles...

Preliminary hearing set for sex assault case of Hedley frontman Jacob Hoggard

Last Updated Dec 19, 2018 at 1:21 pm EDT

Lead singer of Hedley, Jacob Hoggard, performs in Toronto on October 2, 2014. The case of Hedley frontman Jacob Hoggard, who faces three sex-related charges, was put over to next month after a brief hearing in Toronto on Wednesday.Hoggard's lawyer Ian Smith says his client's case will next be in court on Oct. 10. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Hannah Yoon

A preliminary hearing has been set for July in the sex assault case of Hedley frontman Jacob Hoggard.

Hoggard, 34, was not in a Toronto courtroom on Wednesday when the hearing was set for July 11 and 12.

Toronto police arrested the singer over the summer and charged him with one count of sexual interference and two counts of sexual assault causing bodily harm.

They say the charges relate to three separate incidents involving a woman and a girl under the age of 16 that allegedly occurred in the Toronto area in 2016.

Hoggard has previously denied engaging in non-consensual sexual behaviour, but has said he acted in a way that objectifies women.

Allegations of sexual misconduct emerged before the charges were laid, which prompted Hedley to go on an indefinite hiatus.

Hoggard’s case will return to court in May to confirm the date of the preliminary hearing.

Latest Traffic & Weather
680 NEWS TRAFFIC @680NEWStraffic 680 News Traffic Twitter verified icon
Updated 11 minutes ago
All lanes RE-OPENED NB 400 at Essa.
Latest Traffic
680 NEWS WEATHER @680NEWSweather 
Updated Today at 12:06 PM
Sunglasses Alert: You're going to need them throughout today. It's going to be a beautiful day according to Meteoro…
Latest Weather