Loading articles...

2 students in Oshawa get ill after eating pot cookies in school

Courtesy of Durham Regional Police Service. Photo of Durham Police cruiser at the scene of a collision in Ajax on May 30, 2017. (Twitter/@DRPS)

Police in Oshawa say two students at a middle school fell ill after eating home-baked cannabis cookies.

They say one of the students took several cookies to the public school and ate them with a friend.

Both were taken to hospital for observation.

Officers say one of the students’ parents, who has a medical cannabis licence, had made the cookies for his personal consumption.

Police say the Children’s Aid Society will be contacted to conduct a review.

Police say they have taken the time to educate students, parents, caregivers and teachers about the dangers and risks of consuming drugs at such an early age.

The small community school has students from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 8.

Join the conversation

Please read our commenting policies

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

This is only the beginning a lot more to follow.

December 07, 2018 at 7:08 am

Great! Now all of the prudish anti-pot demonstrators will come out and say that this was only bound to happen, and we should go back to making pot illegal. This is simply a lack of internal controls in the household, maybe the parent should have kept his cookies in a locked box for his later consumption.

December 07, 2018 at 8:24 am