Loading articles...

Case of Hedley frontman Jacob Hoggard put over to Nov. 7

Lead singer of Hedley, Jacob Hoggard, performs in Toronto on October 2, 2014. The case of Hedley frontman Jacob Hoggard, who faces three sex-related charges, was put over to next month after a brief hearing in Toronto on Wednesday.Hoggard's lawyer Ian Smith says his client's case will next be in court on Oct. 10. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Hannah Yoon

The case of Hedley frontman Jacob Hoggard, who faces three sex-related charges, has been put over to next month.

After a brief hearing in Toronto on Wednesday, a new court date was set for Nov. 7.

The singer was arrested in July and charged with one count of sexual interference and two counts of sexual assault causing bodily harm.

Police have said the charges relate to three separate incidents involving a woman and a girl under the age of 16 that allegedly occurred in the Toronto area in 2016.

Hoggard, 34, has previously denied engaging in non-consensual sexual behaviour but has said he acted in a way that objectifies women.

Allegations of sexual misconduct emerged before the charges were laid, prompting Hedley to go on indefinite hiatus.

Latest Traffic & Weather
680 NEWS TRAFFIC @680NEWStraffic 680 News Traffic Twitter verified icon
Updated Yesterday at 09:45 PM
UPDATE: Ellesmere west of Markham Rd - one lane has been reopened EB. All WB lanes remain blocked.
Latest Traffic
680 NEWS WEATHER @680NEWSweather 
Updated Yesterday at 06:50 PM
Plan outdoor activities for the morning when it will be dry and sunny. After 1p-2p head indoors as thunderstorms st…
Latest Weather