Loading articles...

Man seriously burned testing camping equipment in North York apartment

Last Updated May 15, 2018 at 8:00 am EDT

A man is in hospital with serious burns after accidentally starting a fire in an 18th floor apartment building in North York.

Emergency crews were called to the scene on Kempford Boulevard, near Yonge Street and Finch Avenue, just after midnight on Tuesday.

Paramedics said the man’s burns, which are reportedly on his hands and arms, are serious but not life-threatening.

Police said the man was testing his camping equipment in preparation for a camping trip.

Latest Traffic & Weather
680 NEWS TRAFFIC @680NEWStraffic 680 News Traffic Twitter verified icon
Updated 38 minutes ago
Clear! Islington has reopened from Lakeshore to Birmingham #CityStreets
Latest Traffic
680 NEWS WEATHER @680NEWSweather 
Updated Yesterday at 09:31 PM
@StudentDebt__ Where is this video from?
Latest Weather