Loading articles...

2 seniors succumb to carbon monoxide poisoning in Etobicoke home

Last Updated Oct 2, 2017 at 5:34 am EDT

Emergency crews outside an Etobicoke home where two seniors died, Oct. 1, 2017. CITYNEWS/Tony Fera

Toronto fire said high levels of carbon monoxide were found in an Etobicoke home where two seniors were pronounced dead at the scene on Sunday night.

Police responded to a call for two people, unconscious and not breathing, in the Bywood and Remington Drives area at around 10:20 p.m.

A source told CityNews two elderly people succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

Paramedics confirmed a man and a woman in their 80’s were found without vital signs and attempts to resuscitate them were unsuccessful.

The coroner has been notified and a fire investigator has been called in to determine where the carbon monoxide originated and why it leaked into the home.

Latest Traffic & Weather
680 NEWS TRAFFIC @680NEWStraffic 680 News Traffic Twitter verified icon
Updated Today at 08:53 AM
CLEARED: #EB401 east of Keele collectors
Latest Traffic
680 NEWS WEATHER @680NEWSweather 
Updated 17 minutes ago
This is what we call perfect weather! Tomorrow is a total #SundayFunday
Latest Weather