Welcome to an all-new 680NEWS.com.
Today’s launch is the result of a months-long exercise to better understand what you are looking for from 680 NEWS – whether it’s on the radio or online.
After rolling out an updated new sound on the radio earlier this month, you’ll notice this website also has a new look-and-feel, including a new logo. But it’s not just a fresh coat of paint: we’ve completely re-imagined how it works; how you consume news content and how we engage with you.
Here are some of the highlights:
– A responsive design, meaning you can read and interact with stories on all your devices, whether on your smartphone at hockey practice, your tablet on the GO Train or at your desk. We’ve paid particular attention to the mobile experience as we know roughly half of our digital audience consumes our content on the go.
– We’ve focused our content areas to more-closely align with what you have told us is important to you: local news, breaking news, weather & traffic.
– The ability to quickly listen to 680 NEWS live, no matter where you are. Just click “listen live” or the speaker icon above to instantly listen to Toronto’s only 24-hour live radio station.
– A redesigned video experience that features videos from our reporters, clips you’ve sent to us and content from our media partner CityNews Toronto.
– Our article pages have been improved to give you pertinent information more quickly through the “Summary” section, the ability to swipe through top stories without navigating back to the homepage; immediately watch video while reading; and easily share a story with your contacts on social media.
We’ve also made it easier for you to get in touch with us. When you have a news tips or photo/video from a breaking-news event, share it with us and we’ll share it with our audience. Just click “News Tips” in the green bar above or in the main menu.
Of course, we know this isn’t perfect. And, we’d love to get your feedback on what you like and what we can improve on. If you find an error or something broken on a page, please let us know we’ll work to fix it right away.
You can also connect with us on what other features you’d like to see from the 680 newsroom – both on air and online. I promise someone from 680 will get back to you.
So click or swipe around the new 680NEWS.com. We’ve worked hard to improve the site and hope that you’ll help us make it even better.
Sr. Manager, Digital Product (Rogers Radio & News)