TORONTO – The Toronto Star reported Tuesday a police interview of Mayor Rob Ford’s former chief of staff was in regards to someone trying to obtain the alleged crack video.
The Star said that after its story broke, sources said top aides began discussing the situation and talked about what would happen if they obtained the video.
Ford’s former chief of staff Mark Towhey reportedly said if the video was found, he would contact police, and gave them a sworn statement on May 18.
Towhey was reportedly concerned about someone being killed for the video. He also refused to comment about the story to the Toronto Star.
Towhey was fired from his post last week, while two other staffers in the mayor’s office resigned on Monday.