TORONTO, Ont. – The westbound collector lanes from Jane to Highway 400 are undergoing long term construction, and this weekend, only the far left lane is getting through. All the other lanes are shut down until Monday morning.
The express to collector transfer approaching Jane and the northbound and southbound Keele ramps to westbound Highway 401 are also closed until Monday.
Alternative route plans:
- Enter the highway from Weston Road.
- You can also use Wilson and Walsh Avenues or take Sheppard all the way to the end if you are coming from the north, and then turn left onto Weston.
- If you are coming from the south, you can use Maple Leaf Drive and Church Street or Lawrence Avenue, and make a right turn onto Weston.
If you like cars, eating or dancing, you will have a full plate this weekend. Several road closures are in effect for weekend events.
- Lake Shore Boulevard will be closed from Strachan Avenue to British Columbia Drive until Sunday, July 10, at midnight.
- Strachan Avenue from Lake Shore Boulevard to Fleet Street will be closed until Sunday at midnight.
NOTE: During these closures, eastbound or westbound traffic won’t be allowed on Lake Shore Boulevard between Strachan Avenue and British Columbia Drive — the only access to Ontario Place will be from Lake Shore Boulevard at the foot of Strachan Avenue.
- This event will take place at Queen’s Park on Saturday July 9 and Sunday July 10 and will shut down Queen’s Park Crescent for most of the weekend.
- Lawrence Avenue from Warden Avenue to Birchmount Road will be closed from Friday, July 8, at 11 a.m., to Sunday at 11:59 p.m.
- St. Clair Avenue from Winona Drive to Christie Street will be closed in both directions from Saturday, July 9, at 8 a.m. to Sunday at 11 p.m.
- Track work on the Bloor-Danforth line has been completed earlier than expected and full train service has resumed.