1. Memorable news story you’ve covered?
Both September 11, 2001 and Michael Jackson’s death
Travelling and kayaking
3. Favourite place (country, city) visited and why?
Brazil. It’s beautiful, yes, but it’s also culturally and geographically diverse. And hot!
4. What would your last meal on earth be?
Beef ribs and sweet potatoes, cooked by my mother. With a glass of bubbly.
5. Favourite book you’ve read in last 12 months?
“The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks”
6. If you were stuck on an island, what are three things you’d want with you?
A kayak, food and the internet
7. If you’d have another career, what would it be?
8. What else do you want to accomplish at 680News?
I’d like to edit a newscast or two.
9. Coffee or tea?
10. How long have you been with 680News/Rogers?
Seven years as of April 6, 2013
11. Greatest Accomplishments?
I created the #1 trending Twitter hashtag in Canada during Jack Layton’s funeral (#LaytonFarwell) and 680News.com has won several digital awards, including the latest one – the 2013 Edward R. Murrow award for web in our market.
Toronto, at a hospital called “The Doctor’s Hospital” on the corner of Brunswick and College. It’s now a nursing home.
13. What do you love about working at 680News?
The moment news breaks, my colleagues, the audience comments and Twitter. Oh, and being on-air is a blast!
14. Which living person do you most admire?
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”
- Susan Sontag