Employees of a cold storage facility in Vaughan have been allowed to return to work following an ammonia leak.
Toronto Fire was called to VersaCold at Highway 400 and Steeles Avenue around 10 p.m. on Thursday after a leak was found in some piping.
The building was evacuated and ventilated for about an hour-and-a-half before the employees were allowed to return. No one was hurt.
Fire crews put a temporary cap on the leak to make the building safe. The company will conduct more permanent repairs.
The cold storage company uses ammonia for refrigeration.