Streets have reopened after a chemical spill in Etobicoke on Sunday morning.
The intersection of Evans Avenue and Kipling Avenue was closed at around 9:30 a.m. and police asked people to stay clear of a 500 foot radius around the area.
Fire crews confirmed the substance spilled was ammonia.
The spill occurred near a TTC garage but did not originate there. As a precaution, the TTC evacuated their building.
One TTC employee in his 50’s was treated by paramedics for minor exposure and was transported to hospital as a precaution.
A second man was also taken to hospital as a precaution to be checked for exposure.
A technician was on scene and the leak that caused the spill was repaired by 12:30 p.m.
No other injuries were reported.