Below is a list of road closures in Toronto for events and construction from Aug. 21-27, as well as ongoing closures due to road work.
There is also a partial TTC shutdown from Aug. 23-24.
The following road closures will be in effect:
- Thursday at 7 a.m. to Sunday at 11:59 p.m.: Edward Street, near Yonge Street, and Elm Street, near Yonge
- Thursday at 9:30 a.m. to Sunday at 11:59 p.m.: Yonge Street, from Richmond to Gerrard streets
- Friday at 6 p.m. to Sunday at 11:59 p.m.: Yonge Street, from Gerrard to College streets, and Gould Street, from Yonge to Bond streets
Taste of Manila
Two southbound lanes of Bathurst Street, from Wilson Avenue to Allingham Gardens, will be closed from 4 a.m. on Saturday to midnight on Sunday.
Two northbound lanes will be altered to one northbound lane and one southbound lane.
Festival of South Asia
Gerrard Street, from Glenside Avenue to Coxwell Avenue, will be closed from 10 a.m. on Saturday to 2 a.m. on Monday.
Weekend subway closure
Subways won’t be running this weekend between Bloor-Yonge and Eglinton stations on Line 1 (Yonge-University-Spadina) due to TTC signal upgrades and maintenance.
Shuttle buses will be running.
Regular subway service will resume at 6 a.m. on Monday.
Partial closures this weekend & next week
Single lane closures will be in effect on the Gardiner Expressway this weekend and next week for construction. Road crews will be moving the median barrier walls, painting lines and making roadway improvements.
The following closures will take place:
- One westbound lane of the Gardiner, from Park Lawn Road to the Humber River, will be closed from 10 p.m. on Friday to 2 p.m. on Saturday
- Eastbound lanes of the Gardiner, Park Lawn Road and the Humber River, will be reduced to one lane from 9 p.m. on Saturday to 9 a.m. on Sunday
- Eastbound off-ramp exiting the Gardiner to Lakeshore Boulevard at Park Lawn Road will be closed from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
Other road closures
Bridge repair on York Mills Road
One eastbound lane and one westbound lane on York Mills Road, from Lesmill to Scarsdale roads, will be closed for bridge repair.
The work started on Aug. 11 and will continue for around 11 weeks.
Watermain projects on Richmond Street
Richmond Street will be reduced to two lanes between Church and York streets. The work started on Aug. 11 and will run through to October.
Also, from Aug. 13-20, Richmond Street will be reduced to one lane from Bay to York streets.
Utility cut repairs on Yonge Street
One lane on Yonge Street from The Esplanade to Bloor Street will be closed in each direction during non-rush hours.The work began on Aug. 13 and will run until mid-September.
Drivers can stay up-to-date on construction details and updates by visiting the City of Toronto website.
Upcoming construction can also be viewed on the T.O. INview map.