TORONTO – Former title contender Chael Sonnen has been dumped from his UFC broadcasting duties after failing a second drug test as a fighter.

The outspoken 37-year-old announced his retirement from the cage on June 11 after the first positive test, which resulted in his removal from a proposed UFC 175 bout against Vitor Belfort.

Sonnen, who fought unsuccessfully for both the UFC light-heavyweight (twice) and middleweight titles during a 9-8 UFC career, lost his TV analyst gig after the second positive drug test.

“The UFC and Fox Sports organizations announced today the termination of their respective broadcasting services agreements with analyst Chael Sonnen,” a joint statement released Monday said. “This decision comes in light of Sonnen failing a second test conducted by the Nevada Athletic Commission for banned substances in June. Sonnen was previously under temporary suspension by the Nevada Athletic Commission for failing an initial test conducted in May.”

Sonnen previously had a therapeutic-use exemption for testosterone replacement therapy, which the Nevada Commission banned earlier this year.

Sonnen, after the first positive test result, said on the “UFC Tonight” show he co-hosted on Fox Sports 1 that the medical condition that necessitated his use of TRT had prompted him to turn to other medications in the transition from TRT.