All power outages from last month’s ice storm have been restored, Toronto Hydro said late Wednesday night, but the utility is still working on partial power calls and to reconnect power to homes after repair.

The ice storm ravaged the city and much of southern Ontario on Dec. 21, plunging parts of the city into darkness for 11 days and forcing thousands of people from their homes.

Many took shelter with friends and family, while others decamped to hotels and warming centres, and a few left the city completely.

The storm cut power to more than 600,000 customers in southern Ontario, Quebec and New Brunswick, including more than 300,000 in the Greater Toronto Area.

On Thursday, Ontario’s Hydro One website listed fewer than 500 customers without electricity outside the GTA, while the Quebec Hydro website said about 1,400 customers were still without power.

Food vouchers

As the recovery efforts continued, the Ontario government promised $100 in vouchers to families who lost food after power went out in their freezers and fridges.

But distributing the vouchers proved to be a problem, with more people waiting in line at 15 Ontario Works offices in Toronto than the amount of vouchers available. More cards will be handed out on Thursday and Friday.

The government also says the cards will be expanded to communities outside of Toronto over the next few days.

Click here for more details on voucher distribution.

Daily Bread Food Bank is accepting both cash donations and grocery store gift cards.

With files from The Canadian Press