There are plenty of events to keep the kids busy on Tuesday as the city prepares to ring in 2014.
Nathan Phillips Square
City’s New Year’s Eve party
8 p.m. to midnight
- food trucks
- musical performances from KiSS 92.5 DJ Clymaxxx, R&B band Fathead and funk band God Made Me Funky
- fireworks show
Special animals and entertainment
- General (includes Adults & Seniors) $20.00
- Children (3-12) $12.00
- Children (2 & under) free
Natrel Rink (Harbourfront Centre)
10 a.m. – 2 a.m.
- Two-for-one skate rentals after 10pm
- DJ spinning music from 8pm-1am
- $22.50 for a pitcher of beer and 1lb of wings
TIFF Bell Lightbox
10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Japanese animation workshop (ages 9-11)
- Comedy workshop (ages 12-14)
Seniors/Youths/Children $4.42 + tax
On Wednesday, Jan. 1, Mayor Rob Ford and city councillors will be hosting a levee at City Hall from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Mississauga Mayor Hazel McCallion will host hers at the Mississauga Civic Centre from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. For more information, click here.