TORONTO – It is Labour Day weekend and whether we want to believe it, it means fall is in the works. To help you enjoy the last long weekend of summer, find a list of what is open, closed and holiday hours below.
Open Sept. 2
- Malls: Eaton Centre 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Vaughan Mills 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Square One 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Bramlea City Centre 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Pacific Mall
- Major attractions: CN Tower, Ontario Science Centre, Royal Ontario Museum, Toronto Zoo, Canada’s Wonderland, Canadian National Exhibition and Casa Loma
- Unsupervised splash pads are open until Sept. 22.
- Weather permitting, all of the city’s mainland beaches will have lifeguards on duty from 11:30 a.m. until 6:30 p.m.
- This year only, the Donald D. Summerville outdoor pool on the Lake Shore at Colbourne Lodge will be open because of a late initial opening this summer.
- The city’s five golf courses are open.
- The High Park Zoo and Riverdale Farm are both open.
Closed Sept. 2
- All Beer Stores and LCBO stores
- Government offices, including post offices (No mail delivery.)
- Public libraries
- Art Gallery of Ontario
- The TTC will operate on a holiday schedule (Sunday service but will begin earlier at approximately 9 a.m. Routes that do not normally operate on Sunday will not operate on the holiday, the TTC says.)
- GO Transit will operate on its Sunday schedule
The 64th annual Canadian International Air Show soars over Lake Ontario Labour Day weekend.