TORONTO – Drivers can expect slowdowns in the Kingston Road and Victoria Park Avenue area due to a TTC track reconstruction.
The project is scheduled to be completed in December.
The westbound lanes of Kingston, between Waverley Road (north of Queen Street) and Victoria Park, are closed for TTC track re-construction. Only one eastbound lane will be open.
The city said people should expect noise with work running from at 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays, with the possibility of some overnight or weekend work.
As a result of the construction, the following changes to TTC routes are in effect:
- 502 Downtowner and 503 Kingston Road streetcar routes will end at Queen Street East and Kingston Road
- 22A Coxwell bus service will be extended and will run eastbound only on Kingston Road (7days/week), and return west via: south on Blantyre Avenue, west on Queen Street East, and north on Coxwell Avenue.
- There will be no westbound bus service on Kingston Road between Victoria Park Avenue and Queen Street East.
- The timelines for 22A Coxwell buses from Coxwell Station will generally be; Monday to Saturday: every 6-12 minutes from approximately 5:05 a.m. to 2:15 a.m., Sunday: every 8-12 minutes from approximately 8:45 a.m. to 2:15 a.m.
- 322 Coxwell bus will not run on Kingston Road, and will be moved to Queen Street East to Neville Loop
- 92 Woodbine and 64 Main bus routes service levels will be increased
- Riders can transfer between buses and streetcars (501, 502, 503) at Queen Street/Kingston Road to continue a trip, or remain on the 22A Coxwell bus to Coxwell subway station.