Are you planning to head out of town for March break?
If so, police are reminding people to protect their homes from potential burglars.
Below are some tips (courtesy of Halton Police):
- Don’t share your vacation plans on social media
- Don’t leave a message on your phone saying you are away
- Set a timer for lights to go on and off automatically
- Leave your home in the care of someone you trust
- Have someone you trust pick up of your mail
- Consider temporarily suspending newspaper delivery
- Arrange for someone to remove snow off your driveway and sidewalk
- Ask your neighbour to park in your driveway or in your garage
- Let your security company know you’ll be on vacation