1. What’s the most memorable news story you’ve covered?
I covered the 83-car pile-up on the 401 in 1999 with Jaime Pulfer, who was working in Chatham at the time. Also in Halifax I covered Hurricane Juan and survived!
2. What are your hobbies?
I’m a sommelier, so I enjoy drinking wine on the weekends. I’m also obsessed with tennis, so you’ll see and my tennis partner out playing any chance we get, even in the winter!
3. Favourite place visited and why?
Although I’ve been lucky enough to visit some incredible places like Italy and Germany, my favourite city in the world is NYC for the vibe, the restauants and the shopping.
4. What would your last meal on earth be?
I can’t eat dairy so I’d eat a Napoletana style pizza, a massive cheese plate and a huge tub of Ben and Jerry’s.
5. Favourite book you’ve read in last 12 months?
I re-read Anna Karenina in anticipation of the film, but the books I sped through and couldn’t get enough of – The Hunger Games trilogy.
6. If you were stuck on an island, what three things would you want with you?
Unlimited supply of Champagne, chapstick and the Internet
7. Do you like/drink coffee or tea?
Coffee during the week to start my shift at 3 a.m., but I try to cut down on coffee on the weekend and just drink green tea
8. What you like about 680News?
I love that everyday is different! We honestly never know what will happen and when news breaks, that’s when the adrenaline takes over! It’s also great to work with an amazing team of anchors and reporters.
9. How long have you been with 680News/Rogers?
Three years in March.
DENY, DENY, DENY. Kidding. Do what you love and money will follow and/or life’s too short to drink bad wine!
- Read more about Amber on the 680News bio page.