TORONTO, Ont. – There were likely some anxious moments Sunday morning for residents of a senior’s home in the Bayview and Sheppard Avenues area.

Higher than normal levels of carbon monoxide forced people to be moved to other areas of the building.

Toronto Fire told 680News they were quickly able to locate the source of the problem.

“It turned out it was a motor up on a roof that pumps make-up air into the stairwell, and the motor had burnt out so that was the source of the carbon monoxide being pushed into the building, so the motor has been shut off,” said a fire official.

Some seniors were treated by EMS with oxygen but it’s not known whether it was precautionary or due to per-existing conditions or stress.

TTC buses were not needed to hold the seniors as emergency officials were able to safely re-locate them within the building.