TORONTO, Ont. – Road closures will be in effect this weekend for maintenance work on the Gardiner Expressway, TTC streetcar track replacement work at Spadina Avenue and Front Street West, and a charity event.
- Eastbound collector lanes from Wickman to Park Lawn roads is scheduled to be closed on Saturday from 5 a.m. to 1 p.m. for maintenance
- During the closure, motorists can use Lake Shore Boulevard or the Queensway as alternative routes
- According to the City of Toronto, the intersection of Spadina Ave. and Front St. will be partially closed for TTC streetcar track replacement work from 6 a.m. on Saturday to 4 p.m. on Monday.
- Eastbound traffic on Front approaching Spadina will have to turn right and travel southbound on Spadina, while westbound traffic on Front approaching Spadina will have to turn right and go northbound on Spadina
- During the construction, a minimum of one lane of traffic will be maintained for northbound and southbound traffic on Spadina throughout the construction period
- During the closure, pedestrians will not be able to cross Spadina at Front. Pedestrians who want to cross Spadina must do so at either Bremner Blvd. to the south or at King to the north
- Alternative eastbound and westbound routes for drivers: Lake Shore Blvd. and King. Alternative northbound and southbound routes: Bathurst and York St.
- Two westbound lanes of Bloor St. W., from Prince Edward Dr. to Royal York Rd., will be closed on Sunday from 5 a.m. to 2 p.m. for a charity bed race
Click here for an updated list of road closures in Toronto.