TORONTO, Ont. – A traffic heads-up for anyone driving around downtown Toronto, Friday afternoon.
The University of Toronto is hosting its annual student parade to welcome new students to the school. Around 6,000 people are expected to take part.
The parade runs from 2:30 p.m. to 4 p.m., and will proceed along the following route:
- Formation area: University of Toronto (Front Campus Kings College Rd.)
- Westbound on Galbraith Rd.
- Northbound on St. George St.
- Eastbound on Bloor St. W.
- Southbound on Bay St.
- Westbound on Wellesley St.
- Heads Into Hart House Circle
- Dispersal area: back campus field
When safe to do so, vehicles will be permitted through gaps in the parade, but drivers can expect traffic delays in and around the campus at that time.