TORONTO, Ont. – Road closures will be in effect this weekend for two main events: Beaches International Jazz Festival and Kensington Pedestrian Sundays. The TTC will also be opening late on Sunday on the Bloor-Danforth line, from St. George to Broadview stations.
- Queen St. E. will be closed in both directions from Woodbine to Beech avenues from 6 p.m.-midnight Friday-Saturday.
- TTC streetcars will be diverted off Queen St. E. during these road closures, but there will be modified TTC bus service on Woodbine Ave. and on Main St..
- During the road closures, residents may access/exit their homes at the following locations: South of Queen St. E: Balsam to Lee avenues (north and south on Lee Ave., and south on Wineva Ave.). South of Queen St. E.: Waverley Rd. to Kippendavie Ave. (south on Waverley Rd. — only from Norway Ave. or Kingston Rd. Exit via Kew Beach Ave. at Woodbine Ave.)
- NOTE: Kenilworth Avenue, Kippendavie Avenue, Hambley Avenue, Hartford Avenue and Herbert Avenue will be changed to two-way streets during the event road closures.
Kensington Pedestrian Sundays
The following streets will be closed on Sunday from noon to 7:30 p.m.:
- Augusta Avenue, from Dundas Street West to College Street
- Kensington Avenue, from Dundas Street West to Baldwin Street
- Baldwin Street, from parking garage to Augusta Avenue
- St. Andrew Street, from parking garage to Kensington Avenue
- Subway service between St. George and Broadview stations starts at noon for track beam replacement.
- Shuttle buses will run between St. George and Broadview stations, stopping on Bloor Street at Bay Street, Yonge Street, Sherbourne Street and at Castle Frank Station.