Several road closures will be in effect over the Canada Day long weekend. Residents are being encouraged to come out and enjoy the events, while drivers are being encouraged to take transit and leave the car at home.
Keep on checking this page for updates.
Canada Day Celebration at Queen’s Park
- Queen’s Park/Queen’s Park Circle from College Street to Hoskin Avenue will be closed on Sunday, July 1 from 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Canada Day Parade in Scarborough
- Brimley Road will be closed from Progress Avenue to Ellesmere Road from 1 to 6 p.m., and from Ellesmere Road to Lawrence Avenue from 3 to 8 p.m.
- Ellesmere Road will be closed from Midland Avenue to McCowan Road from 4 to 5 p.m.
Pride Week Festivities
- Church Street Pride Festival – June 29 to July 2
- Church Street from Carlton Street to Hayden Street will be closed from Friday, June 29 at 6 p.m. to Monday, July 2 at 6 a.m.
Pride and Remembrance Run – Saturday, June 30
- Wellesley Street from Jarvis Street, to and including Queen’s Park Circle, will be closed on Saturday, June 30 from 8:30 a.m. to noon.
Dyke March – Saturday, June 30
- March route: Starts at Church and Hayden Street, north on Church Street to Bloor Street East, west on Bloor Street East to Yonge Street, south on Yonge Street to Carlton Street and east on Carlton Street to finish at Sherbourne Avenue. Roads will be closed between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. (the march is from 2 to 4 p.m.).
Pride Parade – Sunday, July 1
- Formation area: Rosedale Valley Road, from Bayview Avenue to Park Road.
- Parade route: Starts at Church Street and Bloor Street East, west on Bloor Street East to Yonge Street, south on Yonge Street to Gerrard Street, and east on Gerrard Street back to Church Street. Roads will be closed for varying periods between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. (the parade is from 2 to 6 p.m.).