TORONTO, Ont. – Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement for Toronto and other areas of southern Ontario, advising of significant rainfall for Friday.
CityNews meteorologist Jill Taylor said between 30-40 millimetres are expected for most locations.
Brisk and gusty winds are also expected to accompany the rain.
Environment Canada said higher amounts of up to 50 millimetres are likely for areas around the Golden Horseshoe, northward toward Barrie and Muskoka, and eastward to Haliburton, Peterborough and Belleville.
The special weather statement statement is in effect for:
- City of Toronto
- Windsor – Essex – Chatham-Kent
- Halton – Peel
- York – Durham
- Barrie – Orillia – Midland
- City of Hamilton
- Parry Sound – Muskoka
- Sarnia – Lambton
- London – Middlesex
- Simcoe – Delhi – Norfolk
- Dunnville – Caledonia – Haldimand
- Oxford – Brant
- Huron – Perth
- Waterloo – Wellington
- Dufferin – Innisfil
- Grey – Bruce
- Belleville – Quinte – Northumberland
- Kingston – Prince Edward
- Peterborough – Kawartha Lakes
- Stirling – Tweed – South Frontenac
- Bancroft – Bon Echo Park
- Burk’s Falls – Bayfield Inlet