TORONTO, Ont. – Toronto police are taking part in the 25th annual Law Enforcement Torch Run — in support of Special Olympics Ontario.
The opening ceremonies took place at police headquarters at 1:15 p.m. Toronto Maple Leafs general manager Brian Burke was on-hand as well as Toronto police chief Bill Blair.
The Law Enforcement Torch Run is the designated charity of the Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police.
All funds raised through the Torch Run will go to fund fitness,and recreation programs for athletes with intellectual disabilities.
Temporary road closures are in effect along the following routes:
- Eastbound curb lane of College St. to Yonge St.
- Southbound curb lane of Yonge St. to Wellington St.
- Westbound curb lane of Wellington St. to Simcoe St.
- Southbound in the east curb lane of Simcoe St. to the dispersal area at Front St. W.
- Intersection closures will also occur along southbound University Ave., from College St. to King St. W.