TORONTO, Ont. – The Sporting Life 10K is set for Sunday, which means we’ll have some road closures in the city to deal with.
This year, for the first time, all proceeds from the race will benefit Camp Oochigeas, for children with cancer.
The race, which is called the “easiest and fastest” in Canada, goes right down Yonge Street beginning at 8 a.m. Around 25,000 runners are expected to participate.
As a result, Yonge between Lawrence Avenue and Eglinton Avenue will be closed from 5-9 a.m. on Sunday.
Also, the closures will take place 8-11:30 a.m. at the following locations:
- Yonge St. between Eglinton Ave. and Richmond St.
- Richmond St. from Yonge St. to Peter St.
- Peter St./Blue Jays Way between Richmond St. and Front St.
- Westbound Front St. between Blue Jays Way and Bathurst St.
- Bathurst St. from Front St. to Fort York Blvd.
- Fort York Blvd. from Bathurst St. to Fleet St.
These closures will be in effect 5-11:30 a.m. Sunday on the following streets:
- Fort York Blvd. between Fleet St. and Lake Shore Blvd. (north and eastbound curb lanes will remain open for condominium access)
- Bathurst St. from Fort York Blvd. to Fleet St.
- Eastbound lanes of Fleet St. – closed from Strachan Ave. to Fort York Blvd.
The run’s finish area, on Fort York Boulevard from the west side of Bathurst Street to Fleet Street, will be closed from 5 a.m. to 1 p.m.