TORONTO, Ont. – Family Day is here, which means many Ontarians will be spending the day enjoying some time off with family and friends.
It’s expected to be a nice day, with 680News meteorologist Harold Hosein calling for mostly sunshine and a high of 2 C.
As usual there are numerous closures, but there are still plenty of things open like malls, tourist locations and some ice rinks and arenas.
There are also several things to do around the city if you’re looking to stay busy with your family or friends.
Below is a list of what’s open and closed around the city. Keep in mind Family Day is a provincial and not federal holiday.
- Some supermarkets (call ahead to be sure)
- Most tourist attractions and museums, including Art Gallery of Ontario, Royal Ontario Museum, CN Tower and Casa Loma
- Some ice rinks and arenas
- TTC operates on holiday schedule; GO Transit operates on Saturday schedule
- Eaton Centre, Square One, Vaughan Mills and Pacific Mall, as well as Bloor-Yorkville and Yonge Street shopping districts
- Since it is provincial holiday, federal government offices will be open and mail will be delivered
- LCBO and beer stores
- Municipal buildings, including Toronto City Hall
- Public libraries
- Post offices located in closed retail outlets